Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge NOVOTEST UT-1M operates on the principle of measuring the propagation time of ultrasound in the product. The pulse generator produces a high frequency electrical pulses that excite the piezoelectric transducer (Probe). At the same transducer converts electrical signals into the elastic (mechanical) vibrations – sound waves. These waves propagate from the surface to reflect the input (bottom) of the surface and re-taken and converted into an electrical signal by means of UT-probe. The instrument calculates the thickness.
Ultrasonic method is appropriate for measuring the thickness:
- products made of various metals, alloys and other materials;
- thickness of glass, plastic, composite and other products from non-metallic materials;
- the walls of the tanks, pipes, casing parts, sheets, overhead, transportation, and other structures, including the corroded surfaces, pitted, with scum, etc.;
- thickness of the products during their production and operation;
- metal thickness for diagnostic and expert work with one-side access to the object of control.